If your business is struggling with the decision between buying and leasing roll-off dumpsters, there are several factors to consider so you can choose the best solution for your situation. There are advantages relative to both options, so it makes sense to take the time to learn what you can gain by buying or by leasing the roll-off dumpsters you need.
Advantages of Buying Roll-Off Dumpsters:
- Customization- Instead of settling for roll-off dumpsters that don’t do everything you need them to do, you can work with the manufacturer to get the features and style you want.
- Tax benefits- When you purchase roll-off dumpsters, you have a capital investment that can be depreciated. In some cases, you may be able to take the entire deduction in the year of purchase.
- Cost-effective- Instead of incurring a monthly expense forever as you would with leasing, you pay one time and have only maintenance expenses going forward, or perhaps an occasional repair. You also have an asset you can sell down the road.
- Promotional- Leased roll-off dumpsters are in the color and have signage that promotes the company that owns them. When you own them, you can place your brand color, logo, and phone number on them so they promote your business instead.
Advantages of Leasing Roll-Off Dumpsters:
- Lower upfront cost- If you are a new business with a limited budget for getting started, it might make more sense to lease at first until you can financially cover the cost to purchase the roll-off dumpsters you need.
- Unsure of style- Leasing roll-off dumpsters can give you the opportunity to try different styles until you are sure whether you prefer front loads, rear loads, or side loads.
- Short-term need- If you will not need roll-off dumpsters for long-term use, it makes more sense to lease them.
If you would like more information about roll-off dumpsters, reach out to us at Keystone Waste Solutions LLC. We can ship roll-off containers anywhere in North America. We are happy to help you with customization or to discuss the standard options we offer so you can determine what will work best for you when purchasing roll-off dumpsters for your business or community.